Friday, August 1

Goodbye, dear friend.

My computer has sort-of died. I got the dreaded BSOD late on saturday night, and when it restarted the hard drive wasn't being detected, and that's the end of the story.

Or so I would have you believe! Now I need to find out whether its the hard drive or the mother board that's gone, either way its bad for me. If the mother board is gone, it means buying a new motherboard, new case (my old ones broken anyway,) new CPU and new RAM depending on the type of the mother board, and believe me all of that adds up to a pretty penny, but it means my hard drive is still intact and all my data is safe. However, if it is the hard drive, it means I can keep my old parts and simply replace my old drive, but that means losing everything, all my old photo's and pictures and music files, as well as a hefty amount of irreplaceable software.

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping its the former, I mean the stuff I have on that hard drive is worth a lot more than the sum of the parts needed to rebuild a shell, and I could probably knock up a nice computer using my Uni bursary, when I get it. Fingers crossed eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment