Thursday, July 28

BUBS hiatus and other nonsense.

I have been eating like a pig lately. That has nothing to do with BUBS of course, I am not too bothered about putting on weight with University looming just around the corner. I am confident that once uni kicks off again I will lose any extra I have gained over the holidays (and proceed to put it back on the following holidays.)

Unfortunately there is this issue with gym access, or lack thereof. I know that you do not necessarily need a kitted out gym to build strength. I could hammer push-ups and jack-knifes along with my cheerleading, but it just doesn't motivate me like a good workout room does. I am not the sort of gym bunny to swan around in a vest, gingerly clutching my protein shake while admiring my fake tan in the strength room mirrors. Anyone who regularly attends a gym will tell you the same thing, it's all about being in a different place with a bunch of other people who share your goals of fitness.

When I go to the gym, I have my gym head on. I get there, I get ready, I cardio, I work out, I swim and then sauna and wind down. That is my gym life. I don't go every day like some people, I don't hog the weight room like a muscle Mary. I do a little of everything, keeping in mind my goals from BUBS (which I am regiment with, while at the gym.) When I am here, at home in Wigan, I just cannot enter that frame of mind. I know there is a lovely wooded nature area across the road ideal for jogging, or cycling (which I have been considering) but I just don't seem to have the motivation when I am here.

What I do find odd is that I have been drawing and updating the website all summer. I haven't given working out much of a thought outside of cheer practice, but I have been drawing or sketching almost everyday. Yet when I am at uni, I don't make a single thing. You can guarantee I hit the gym at least once a week though.

Maybe I have yet to find the balance between the two. In the gym I feel like I am working towards something, a firmer body with less loose skin and the ability to jump higher, lift girls for longer, clear concise goals. When drawing I am working towards bettering my technique to produce higher quality work in less time, so that I can get them online and (hopefully) entertain the masses; not to mention fill a portfolio which might get me work. I think I need to strike a balance between the two, I shall have this as my goal for the next academic year.

So BUBS is on hold until I return to sunny Salford, at which point it may not just be build Upper Body Strength, but also Lose Summer Fat at the same time! On an unrelated note, here's a sketch of a dude (work in progress)...


I could ink this in Photoshop as is, but there is something about it which I don't like, so I'm going to keep working in colours, then try the pencil/inking method I suggested in my previous post.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment