Tuesday, June 30

Two Golden Girls left

Just wanted to highlight that while we are talking about tragic celebrity deaths, there are only two Golden Girls left! I'm a big fan of the Golden Girls, I like qite a few eighties american comadies but the Golden Girls has always been my favourite.

I suppose the modern ones are ok, like Two and a Half Men, I mean my inspiration is still mainly from nineties british comedies such as Spaced and Black Books, the Golden Girls will always have a special place in my heart, as will Estelle Getty, Bea Arthur, Betty White and Rue McClanahan. Estelle Getty (Sophia) died in July 2008 of natural causes, just three days before her eighty fith birthday. Beatrice Arthur (Dorothy) died earlier this year at aged 86, she is a major loss to those campaigning for LGBT rights, and rights for the Elderly.

People may call me a sentimental fool but every time someone who has inspired me passes away its like I lose a part of my past, luckily Rue McClenehen (Blanch) and Betty White (Rose) are still alive and acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment