Thursday, June 23

BUBS: 23rd June, Picture-less update

That's right, although I'm sure you were all dying to see my stretch mark ridden podgy white-boy body, I'm afraid due to logistics of living back with the folks over summer, I can't really get a picture of my body which is a reliable indication of my progress. I'm afraid you'll have to settle on a description of how I'm doing with Build Upper Body Strength.

In terms of weight gain, the protein diet has helped a little, I have gained about four pounds while staying the same size at the waist and hips (typically the first places I show cellulite) so I can only assume it's gone to my firmer core muscles and biceps. When working out with cheer leading and gymnastics I have discovered a nasty side effect of repetitive movement of a flexible nature, my joints now click or grind when they move. I know this is likely due to the fact that they are taking a little more strain than they are used to and so the crud that gathers at your joints might be shifting around. I'm certainly more flexible now, particularly my back...


I have come to appreciate the awesome power that handstands have on building upper body strength and core muscles, as well as balance and dexterity. I plan on writing a little guide on perfecting and working with the handstand in order to work out on your upper body, if I can find a suitable venue, I will also shoot a video tutorial (though mine still needs a bit of work.)

Lastly, go check out the guys at The Strength Project, they are good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment