Monday, July 6

Instincts confirmed

So I'm decided to log onto FFXI today and Ive it another chance. I was thinking to myself "I don't really want to play, but I might find something fun to do, and I've paid for it so it would be wasting money if I didn't give it a shot. So I try logging in, I say try because there is a new security feature which I unfortunately bought into, where by as well as a password, you put in a randomly generated six-digit password you get from a Security Token, I got all the way through the PlayOnline viewer, got onto the game and just at the character select screen, I got disconnected.

Which would be fine, happened before right? except when I got DC'd this time I had to input my passwords again, which is a hastle to begin with. I tell you, Warcraft is certainly winning at this point.

So I get onto the game, and decide with nothing better to do, that I might as well join campaign battle. At this point without going into too much detail, for those who don't know anything about the game, there is alot of emphasis on team play, which is unfortunate because it means you can't advance your character without a party (you and five other people with roles that support each other in killing monsters,) which wouldn't be a bad idea if not for the fact that Europe lives in a hole, the Americans are either asleep or at work, the Japanese are either asleep or at work, and what your left with is not enough people to lift a fat chick at Glastonbury. Campaign battle is a small scale operation themed on a war effort, you join countless other soldiers (that are NPC's, 'Non-player characters controlled by the game, sort of like when you play chess against the computer, NPC's are the computer.) Unfortunately, these NPC's are not too bright, and my character died fighting a monster while five other NPC's stood around doing nothing

You can imagine my opinion of the game has his an all time low, and I really regret paying for it this month, but hey, that's my loss.

So yeah, I would say that World of Warcaft is winning out so far, maybe I'm just being too cynical of course, and maybe I just need to give it time to get back into the swing of things (I have been off for two months,) who knows, by august I might be wanting to stay~

No comments:

Post a Comment